Sunday, April 2, 2017

Always Researchin' Oh! And Mis-En-Scene!




HelloooOoooo hope everyone is having a fantabulous night. While I'm still researching as to how to make high school movies not so cheesy I watched the Edge of Seventeen (that I said I would watch from a previous post) and Sky High (if you don't love this movie please just stop reading now).

The Edge of Seventeen was so so so so hysterical I loved Nadine's quirkiness in the film and how mix-matched her clothing was all the time which really helped me accomplish the look I was going for for Rae. Also, I think the character development in the film was absolutely spectacular because it showed Nadine's ways from young to old and how not much has changed. The reality of the movie is what made me really inspired and I feel like Rae does that as well. Everyone has their good days and their bad days, especially teenagers who feel like it is the end of the world everyday (aka me) So yeah this movie really just made me feel redeemed about my group's piece and that we are most definitely on the right track!

I also watched Sky High, the Disney Movie and I have to say that the mis-en-scene in this movie is EVERYTHING. I lovedddddd how Disney Channel made each character a "color" through their superpower and personality traits, it made the film so much more entertaining to watch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Sky High should win an Oscar, No, not by any stretch of imagination. But what we're aiming for in Rae is a simple, quirky movie that everyone loves & enjoys. Getting back to mis-en-scene, I decided to wear a red shirt for Rae, a denim skirt, and one black/white converse and one red converse. I like the mix-matched but more importantly I appreciate the colors because the black/white shows emphasis on how she's supposed to be (college and valedictorian and all that) and the red shoe shows her inner passion (thank you color psychology lesson! You da bomb!) for the theatre and her want to pursue it further. So yeah! that's all for today folks :) Talk to you soonnnnnnn



No comments:

Post a Comment