Sunday, April 2, 2017

Day 1 Filming

Filming... Success?

Hi everyone!!! Soooo, we filmed on Thursday in the auditorium and it was very very cool! I learned how to use the spotlight which helped us capture some really cool shots of me onstage. I had to reiterate my monologue many times so that Jess could get several different angles of me while Vicky did spotlight. Tay was very helpful in directing and helping Jess as well as Vicky. We worked so well as a team & we were even able to film the following scene that follows the very beginning which was super productive!

There was this one scene where Jess was filming an over the shoulder shot and she tilted to the light which almost looked like shallow focus which was so so so so cool. I was so impressed with Jess's creativity and how she does this so well! Pleasant surprise :)

Also, last minute I decided to change my costume to have two different colored converse on and I feel that it REALLY added to the quirkiness of Rae. Also! While filming, Tay (Julia) and I (Rae) improv'd a lot of our lines which made us feel like we were actually on set doing realistic actor improv!

NEXT STEP. We are going to finish filming one scene tomorrow on Monday and the following on Tuesday. Tomorrow Jess is gonna start editing the monologue scene and hopefully on Wednesday it will be roughly all edited. On Friday, I'd like to add Rae's voiceover to see the finalized look and add some asynchronous sound :) Wish us luck!! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment